Nevro (NYSE: NVRO) is a public multinational medical technology company headquartered in Redwood City, California. We have developed HF10™ therapy, an innovative, evidence-based neuromodulation platform.
We started with a simple mission to help more patients suffering from chronic pain. At each stage of development, our research was subject to the highest levels of scientific rigor, resulting in a new therapy that has impacted the lives of over 28,000 patients around the world.
The Nevro® Senza® SCS System received CE mark in 2010, TGA approval in 2011, FDA approval in 2015, and is commercially available in Europe, Australia, and the United States.
Nevro is seeking an entrepreneurial and collaborative technical product manager to join the Research and Development team in Redwood City.
You are a champion of superior customer experience and have a history of driving product definition, design, and development to deliver an exceptional product. In this role you will lead a cross-functional team to deliver Nevro’s next generation applications and significantly benefit patients, physicians and care givers. You will be responsible for defining direction and managing the development throughout the full product lifecycle and will own the product performance and patient experience.
The ideal candidate has:
• A technical background in medical device product development or consumer health mobile application development.
• Experience with iOS and/or Android application development and/or experience developing health and fitness products, technologies and platforms strongly preferred.
• A proven track record of delivering analytic solutions to solve complex problems using a customer and data-driven approach.
• Demonstrated success in interpreting analytic output and providing strategic recommendations. Previous work with sensors, data and hardware is highly desirable.
• Solid product design experience (extensive experience working closely with designers and design researchers to derive consumer insights, create prototypes and mockups to test, refine, validate and defend new product opportunities).
• Demonstrated product management skills (market opportunity and user need identification, product vision & strategy formation, goal/KPI setting & monitoring, product definition & development, business case development, competitive positioning & pricing, roadmap, release plan & management).
• Responsible for project and product performance and reporting; the single point of contact for key stakeholders including executives, medical partners, marketing, engineering, QA, regulatory, operations, and legal.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience applying project management tools to define project objectives, scope and process.
• BS Engineering/Science degree or equivalent desired
• 8+ years with 3+ years of relevant experience in medical device product development or consumer health mobile application development
• Detailed knowledge of mobile application product development process
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
• Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)
• Must possess a professional demeanor and demonstrated effectiveness working with others in a cross-functional team environment
• Naturally accountable and responsible
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
• Remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity