Nevro (NYSE: NVRO) is a public multinational medical technology company headquartered in Redwood City, California. We have developed HF10™ therapy, an innovative, evidence-based neuromodulation platform.
We started with a simple mission to help more patients suffering from chronic pain. At each stage of development, our research was subject to the highest levels of scientific rigor, resulting in a new therapy that has impacted the lives of over 28,000 patients around the world.
The Nevro® Senza® SCS System received CE mark in 2010, TGA approval in 2011, FDA approval in 2015, and is commercially available in Europe, Australia, and the United States.
As the Vice President of Information Technology at Nevro, you will be an integral part of the leadership team. Reporting to the CEO, you will contribute to driving our growth by leveraging technology across a global enterprise. You will be responsible for developing and executing the IT strategy, including partnering with the company's senior leadership team to define technology requirements and solutions, drive innovation, and ensure success and efficiencies across the organization.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented leader capable of delivering significant technology initiatives and outstanding IT support in a rapid growth environment. As part of the Nevro leadership team, you will build relationships and foster a positive, constructive culture throughout the organization and within the IT team.
The scope of your work will include the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT related functions at all locations including business systems, cloud technology, network topology and infrastructure, IT/data security and telecommunications. This includes directing corporate world-wide IT, capital expenditures, application implementation protocols and IT regular operations to meet all requirements, as well as the support and maintenance of existing and new technical solutions and strategic partnerships. As a large accelerated filer under SEC regulations maintenance of the control environment is a primary function.
● Drive the roadmap to streamline, standardize, and strengthen performance, reliability, robustness and scalability across the company.
● Design and implement a data collection, storage, management and dissmenation strategy that supports key business initiatives
● Provide strategic direction for infrastructure and end-user support; deliver extraordinary customer service for end-user support.
● Provide senior management with an enterprise-wide perspective and put strategies and plans for Information Systems to support business needs and manage associated risks.
● Set strategic and tactical direction for the use of Information Systems throughout Nevro, which includes budgets and return on investment.
● Optimize operating expense and capital budgets
● Enhance an IT services framework, strategic service provider partnerships and IT security policies while continuing to scale an enterprise-wide IT function
● Provide innovative leadership, motivation, and guidance required for world-class IT to successfully meet strategic objectives and deliverables in support of the business needs.
● Develop and lead a high-performing team of IT professionals; foster a culture of collaboration and support through coaching and mentoring
● Successfully translate business requirements into team deliverables, individual goals, and objectives
● Build the roadmap and provide the strategic vision to align the IT organization around key business initiatives, focusing on an increased demand for data management and cross system integration based on business needs
● Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence team members at all levels.
● Continually evaluate new technology trends balancing the need for enterprise-ready technology with a desire to innovate
● Define and execute IT plans to deploy new systems, tools and technology and ensure smooth adoption in a strict Sarbanes-Oxley environment
● Ensure processes meet all applicable compliance and regulatory requirements, including HIPPA, GDPR, and SOX.
● Management of ERP and related business systems, network systems, communication systems, desktop support, helpdesk operations, and facilities
● Measure results regularly and drive to benchmarked best practices
● Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
● Select and manage outside vendors that statisfy business needs, regulatory requirements and budget considerations
● Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
● BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
● 15-18 years of technology leadership experience with increasing responsibility growing and leading high performance teams and directing the IT function.
● A minimum of 5 years’ experience operating in the role of Vice President of IT
● Experience managing SOX, HIPAA data and its European and Australian equivalents
● An understanding of and experience in the medical device industry is a plus
● Salesforce.com experience is required, and QAD experience is a plus.
● Experience planning, designing and implementing efficient business and system solutions for supply chain operations.
● Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical ability.
● Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in ambiguous and frequently changing situations.
● Effective communication and business partnering ability.
● Proven long-term strategic thinker and experience leading complex projects.
● Able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
● Innovation thought leader who brings together experience and creativity to drive change.
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
● Ability to work well on cross-functional basis internally and with business partners and drive results.
● Excellent communication (written / oral), presentation and organization skills.
● Experience in outsourced IT solutions
● Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
● Solid background in designing/developing IT systems, and planning and executing enterprise-wide IT implementations, including ERP, Salesforce, Big Data analytics and cloud utilization
● Experience with overseeing cyber security in a highly regulated industry
● Strong business acumen and change management capabilities
● Current U.S. work authorization required.