Nevro (NYSE: NVRO) is a public multinational medical technology company headquartered in Redwood City, California. We have developed HF10™ therapy, an innovative, evidence-based neuromodulation platform.
We started with a simple mission to help more patients suffering from chronic pain. At each stage of development, our research was subject to the highest levels of scientific rigor, resulting in a new therapy that has impacted the lives of over 28,000 patients around the world.
The Nevro® Senza® SCS System received CE mark in 2010, TGA approval in 2011, FDA approval in 2015, and is commercially available in Europe, Australia, and the United States.
Nevro is seeking a Revenue Accountant who will be responsible for the operational revenue activities, lead the month-end and quarter-end processes related to revenue, test and implement revenue related SOX controls, and provide audit support. This role will have the opportunity to heavily involve in improvements for automation and implement new processes. The successful candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment.
• Ensure daily business transactions continue to be in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Complete general ledger reconciliations and follow-up on outstanding reconciling items. Prepare weekly and monthly reports for internal management reporting.
• Perform daily review of key SOX controls related to revenue operations.
• Prepare and maintain documentation of revenue accounting processes for Sarbanes-Oxley. Support internal control reviews relating to the revenue area.
• Act as a point of contact for revenue related questions from internal business partners and provide appropriate guidance.
• Develop and maintain strong internal controls over revenue transactions and reporting. Recommend changes to reports and processes to improve productivity and accuracy.
• Support the external audit team to ensure all information is provided in a timely and accurate manner during quarterly reviews and annual audit. Prepare audit schedules to ensure all revenue related questions are effectively and appropriately addressed.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis and support for general financial operations, as needed, to support business growth.
• Must be able to apply accounting knowledge to day to day operations and assigned projects
• Experience in practical application of GAAP revenue recognition guidance and SOX guidelines
• Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a focus on business issues
• Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines, comfortable working with changing priorities
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP reporting system skills